Because I know you’re dying to know about what goes on in my house as of late. No? Oh well, read on anyway. Maybe you’ll get a laugh or two in. 😉
1. The “Terrible Twos” are a myth. The Threes are kicking my bootie. I’m not even going to tell you the things my adorable three-year-old has done this week, lest you find out that I’m being bested by my toddler on a daily basis. Let’s just say we’re in the trenches here, people. And I don’t see us coming out of them for a while. Lord, have mercy. (I mentioned this on Facebook this week, and I’m not ashamed to say that I was glad to hear that many of you are in the same boat. Misery loves company, no?)
2. My brother visited this week. I love him. He’s legitimately one of my favorite people on the planet. We can sit for hours and do nothing and have a great time. Also, we both enjoy cheesy end-of-the-world movies, like The Day After Tomorrow. Seriously. Anyway, we spent some time looking through old pictures, and I came across more than a few of myself when I was little. Which pretty much clinched the fact that Emmy is my twin. Which could also explain the behavior issues we’re having.
3. I’ve been spending my free time (which really means I’m just getting less sleep, because who has free time when you have two children? not this girl.) working on my book. Remember that thing? I know, it’s been a while. In fact, we’re looking at more of a November release date instead of an August one. But I digress. Anywho, I’m making some big changes, rewriting a bunch of it, and adding in some seriously good stuff. Squee! Deadline has been moved to March, so if you don’t see much of me around here coming up, it’s cause I’m working on that. I’m equally excited and out-of-my-wits terrified to put my story out into the world.
4. For Valentine’s night we went to a wine tasting party at a friend’s house where there were way more people than this introvert was expecting. But it was okay, because I was baby-wearing as a buffer. You heard me right, the baby makes it much easier for me to enter or exit conversations less awkwardly. Or at least I think he does. You do that too, right? Anyway, it was super fun. Everyone brought a bottle of wine in a paper bag (quite the sketchy-looking event) so we couldn’t see what brand of wine it was, and each bag had a number. We used the numbers to identify each wine we tried, and we rated each one. Then everyone totaled up their scores and one wine won. (Say that three times fast.) It was really clever and a lot of fun! Except for the fact that I’m only allowed 4 ounces of wine in total. Stupid blood thinners. 4 more months. Ish.
5. I’m trying to start the habit of reading before bed. I used to do this all the time as a kid, but these days, TV sounds better because it requires no brain cells. And between the incessant feeding of my little chunker (the kid is a tank. seriously.), and the incessant discipline of my little angel, I’ve got about negative 25 brain cells by 8pm. So I choose TV more often than not. And when I choose reading, I fall asleep about 5 sentences in. Which is a long way to tell you the short fact that I’m seriously behind on this reading list right here. But let’s be honest, didn’t we all know I would be? 😉
6. One month from today (which is two days ago for all of you who are reading this on Monday), two of my favorite people are coming to visit for a whole weekend to celebrate my 30th birthday. That’s right, I’ll be 30. I don’t want to talk about it. I DO want to talk about the fact that I’m jumping out of my skin excited because A WHOLE WEEKEND OF GIRL TIME AND GOING TO THE SPA AND EATING HOT FOOD WITHOUT CHILDREN STEALING IT AND FUN AND RELAXING AND YAY! And more than that, it’s time with friends who know me inside and out, and love me anyways. I.Cannot.Wait.
7. I’m minorly obsessed with the Martha Stewart line of paper products at Staples. It’s slowly infiltrating my home. My prayer journal, my blog planner, my dōTERRA notebook, my recipe binder – everything coordinates, people. It’s magnificent. All organizing things will soon be this beautiful aqua color. It’s possible I’m spending my life savings at Staples. And I’m not even sorry. Cause look:
And it’s 6:20pm, so those brain cells I was talking about are taking a major hit. Must… Work… On… Book… You know, before they’re all gone for the night.
How about you? What’s going on at your house this week? I’d love to hear how you’re doing.
You can find me linking up with Mama Moments, Modest Mom, Tuesday Talk, Homemaking Link Up, Wifey Wednesdays, Works For Me Wednesdays, Frugal Fridays and Family Fun Fridays each week!